I'm worried that my property can be taken even if I haven't done anything wrong. Can this happen?

No. We can only apply to court to restrain property if a peace officer has carried out an investigation, and has reasonable grounds to believe illegal activity has been committed, and the property is reasonably connected. These grounds must be contained in an affidavit. The final step of forfeiture takes place in a separate hearing and the CFO has the onus of proving that on balance of probabilities, the property was used in or derived from illegal activity.