You would become a Motor Vehicle Accident Recoveries (MVAR) debtor if ALL of the following conditions are true:
- you were the driver or the registered owner of the motor vehicle involved in an accident;
- someone suffered bodily injury as a result of that motor vehicle accident (MVA) and sued you;
- the vehicle you owned and/or were driving in that MVAC Act was uninsured;
- you could not be located, or failed to file a defence within the prescribed deadline, or you filed a defence and your defence was struck by a Court;
- you were one of the persons deemed to be at fault in the MVAC Act; and
- a monetary judgment was made against you.