I am the victim of a hit-and-run driver. What do I do?

You or your lawyer must give MVAC written notice within 90 calendar days of the accident (the time can be extended in special situations or by the court). A letter outlining the date, place and circumstances of the accident, and stating that a claim may be made with MVAC is sufficient as notice. If the 90-day notice requirement has not been met, please indicate why. You also should report the accident to the police and make all reasonable efforts to identify the driver or owner of the hit-and-run vehicle. This might include taking steps like advertising for witnesses.