Can I serve documents on the defendant by serving counsel for the administrator?

No. Section 19 of the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Actprovides that documents may be served on the Administrator in substitute for service on a defendant.

If the defendant has a lawyer, then the Assignment of Judgment could be served on the defendant’s lawyer. Otherwise, you must serve the defendant or get an order of substitutional service.