The administrator has agreed to a settlement. How does the plaintiff get paid?

You will be required to draft a consent judgment reflecting the settlement, for the signature of the administrator’s lawyer. The signed consent judgment will be returned to you for filing with the courts, together with the forms the plaintiff will need to complete in order to apply for payment.

A letter of instruction will be provided with the forms. Follow the instructions and then send the completed forms and judgment to MVAC. All cheques are sent by mail, and are sent to plaintiff’s counsel, if the plaintiff is represented, or to the plaintiff directly if not represented.

Note: If the plaintiff has a concurrent claim with the administrator for medical benefits, this amount will be deducted from the settlement payment.