Am I eligible

Am I eligible?

Find out who can register with the Maintenance Enforcement Program (MEP).

To register with MEP, all of these must happen:

  • you or the other party must live in Alberta
  • you must be either a payor or a recipient of child, spousal or partner support
  • you, the other party or a lawyer must file a court order for support – a Maintenance Order or Maintenance Agreement

What's important to know

Definition: court order

A ‘court order’ refers to a Maintenance Order, or Maintenance Agreement filed with the court, that requires the payor (debtor) to pay a specific amount of money over a period of time to the recipient (creditor) for child, spousal or partner support.

More on this topic

MEP forms

MEP information sheets

MEP Lawyer's Guide

In this service

icon-phone 780-422-5555
icon-phone 310-0000 (toll-free in Alberta)
icon-clock 8-11 am, 12-4 pm
Open Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
- closed Wed mornings and statutory holidays