The person responsible for this overdue fine or forfeiture has passed away. What happens now?

If a civil judgment related to the fine or forfeiture has been registered against any of the deceased person’s property, the executor of the estate of the deceased will need to contact Fines Enforcement to arrange for disposition of the debt.

If there is no judgment registered, Fines Enforcement verifies that the debtor is deceased, and the overdue fine and/or forfeiture will be closed and all collection activity ceased. Fines Enforcement may ask for a death certificate in order to expedite the closure process.