I am currently on AISH and/or social assistance. Does this make a difference in terms of paying these fines / tickets or bail forfeitures?

Crown debts for criminal or traffic convictions or no-cash bail forfeitures will not be written off due to financial hardship. However, you should contact Fines Enforcement to discuss your personal financial situation with a collection officer and, if warranted, an installment plan may be worked out.