Family Mediation Services offers free information and assistance with:
- Options and services available to parents and children
- How decisions are to be made about the children
- Parenting time (the time the child is to spend with each parent)
- Contact (time with a child by a non-guardian)
- Communication and resolving issues in the future
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Minor issues related to the division of property
Court Counsellor Services
Family Court Counsellors provide services, at no cost, to families who are involved in parenting disputes and are living separate and apart. The service is designed for people who are not represented by a lawyer.
Assessment and Intervention Services
Some families benefit from the involvement of an expert to evaluate the family situation or to provide a short course of therapy or intervention. Family Justice Services may be able to assist in the provision of subsidies or services.
To find out more about these and other services, visit the Family Justice Services section of the Alberta Courts website.
Family Justice Services are a group of programs and services offered by Alberta Justice in collaboration with the courts of Alberta. Family Justice Services works directly with individuals and also with the judges of the Alberta Provincial Court and Court of Queen's Bench to help people get appropriate solutions for their family law issues.